KELLI & NEIL: INSPIRATION AND ALL THE REST
Originally we wanted a Hawaiian/Japanese feel but I think it didn’t end up going that way. All of the flower were designed by one of my friends. The flower designs that my friend made for the invitations, escort cards,and menus incorporated our colorful and vibrant style. But in the end I think it kind of ended up being a little random. I really like gerber daisies which we used a lot but those aren’t really Japanese or Hawaiian. We also wanted it to be fun for our guests and to make it more like a fun party than a formal wedding.
• Total number of guests? 120
• Did you do any DIY projects? Which was your favorite? | We didn’t really have an DIY projects, but we did put together the escort cards, menus, and programs. Neil and I assembled the invitations. My florists made the cool little bamboo holders for the aisle decorations.
• Did you design/print your own invitations? Resources? My friend Keri Kaba-Dien designed our invitations, escort cards, menus, programs, save the dates, and table names signs. She has herown company -Kabahead Kreations. She always does an awesome job!!
• What types of flowers did you use and who was your vendor? | Our florist was Kellie who is a friend of my brother’s fiancé. She did an awesome job! I think our pomander balls and bridesmaids bouquets were gerbera daisies. Sorry not sure what all the flowers were and I can’t find where we wrote it down. Can you tell from pix?
• What songs played during the ceremony/1st dance etc? | Ceremony- my cousin played the violin when we walked into and out of the ceremony. Precession: You and Me by Lifehouse Recession: Marry You by Bruno mars 1st dance song: Still by 98 degress
• Any advice you want to share with future brides-to-be? | It really is just one day and it goes by so fast you don’t really have a chance to take in what is happening. You definitely need great photographers so you can see it all later!!
• Your favorite part about being married now. | I think we are much happier now that we are married and we don’t have the stress and pressure of needing to get married. Now we can just enjoy our life knowing we are with the person we are supposed to be with.
Photography : Sun & Sparrow 🙂
Cupcake & Dessert creations: Baked On Oceanview- dessert bar: http://bakedonoceanview.com
Cake pops for escort cards: Betty’s Batter Shop-cake pops
Ice Cream Cart: Sweet Lucie’s-ice cream cart: http://ilovelucies.com
DJ: DJ Crossmaxx (aka Tom Nguyen)
GROOMSMEN: Hollywood Suit outlet
GROOMSMEN SHOES: Neil loves shoes so he found everyone Creative Recreation Shoes at Nordstrom Rack.
BRIDESMAIDS: David’s Bridal but, some of my bridesmaids made little modifications to their dresses so they all looked a little different. I wanted the dresses to all be the same
color but different styles.
THE BRIDE: I was anti-traditional wedding gown plus I didn’t want to spend a lot of money on a wedding dress just to wear it one day so my dress was a long bridesmaid dress from Alfred Angelo in loves first blush. My grandma also let me borrow her diamond earrings.